In a nutshell
The Fire Tree Design Company is looking for a motivated and creative junior to mid-weight PHP Developer to join our team based in Riverhorse Valley, Durban.
Must have a minimum of 1 years’ work experience in an agency environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong desire to learn & contribute.
- Ability to work with and without supervision, individually, and also as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work.
- A decent sense of humor – or ability to put up with ours.
- We are looking for a passionate WordPress/PHP Developer who enjoys both the thrill of designing and building solutions for our customers as well as the discipline in resolving bugs and assisting with user support.
- You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems.
- You must be as comfortable working with people as you are working with code, and be able to communicate in a professional manner with people in different groups such as Client Services, Account Managers and Support.
- Improve SEO using best practices and site performance.
- Work with the development team to implement new front-end and back-end technology to improve overall website usability.
- 1 year work experience as a PHP/WordPress Developer.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Solid understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Proficient understanding of WordPress administration, and scalability.
- Proficient understanding of custom plugins and theme creation in WordPress.
- Some understanding of WordPress Hooks, Filters, and coding standards.
- Some experience with databases and queries.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills – ability to test, debug and fix existing code as needed.
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. i.e. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Git Experience.
- Bootstrap, Sass.
- Elementor experience.
Please send links/portfolio of work completed (references will be checked).